Film France network & Partners
Local Film Commissions / Film Funds
Grand Est Film Commission
Grand Est Region
The Grand Est Region is the new 57 000 km² territory of cinema opportunities from Paris Region to the Rhine River, built with the former regions Champagne-Ardenne, Lorraine and Alsace.
Its unique geographical situation in the heart of Europe, with four borders to Belgium, Luxemburg, Germany and Switzerland provides strong assets dealing with international projects, hence the recent shootings of major series like Les Miserables by BBC and The war of the worlds of Fox & Canal +.
It has a large range of easily accessible, diverse and film-friendly locations: historic cities, castle and cathedrals, epic mountains including lakes, forests and ski resorts, the Alsace and Champagne vineyards, industrial landscapes, WW I & II period drama locations, the European Parliament… Grand Est often doubles for old Paris and other locations.
According to Film France, it is the fifth French region with 716 days of professional film & TV shooting in 2018.
The Grand Est Film Commission is a department of the Agence culturelle Grand Est, whose mission is to accompany and support the development of culture on the regional territory.
This Commission :
- Offers to French and foreign film and TV producers a wide range of free services: information, location scouting, film crews and suppliers sourcing, liaising with location and land owners, accommodation sourcing ;
- Animates PLATO, an innovating network of 11 cities and territories eager to bring their best to foster shooting on their unique locations.
They shot in Grand Est :
- War of the Worlds / Fox, Canal+
- Les Misérables / BBC
- Black Spot / France 2, Netflix
- The Program, Stephen Frears
- Sherlock Holmes 2, Guy Ritchie
- One Nation, one King, Pierre Schoeller
- Rémi, Nobody’s boy, Antoine Blossier